Vision - The Wedding Invitation Has A Reply Card



I entered a house. It was a typical suburban, side split house one sees from the 1960’s or 1970’s. As I walked into the front entry of this house there stood a man holding something white.

The man had sandy blond hair and a full mustache. He was dressed in blue jeans and a red plaid shirt…all very neat and clean but in simple, working clothes. I looked at his face briefly and noted that in spite of his very somber expression he appeared to be extremely kind.

Without speaking a word, he extended his hand with the white object. It was a folded card and I knew without being told it was the reply card for a wedding invitation. It remained in his hand because he was extending it for the purpose of showing me something. He opened the card and though I expected to see something written, instead I saw something that more closely resembled a television or computer screen except that it was completely three-dimensional.


I was immediately struck by the startlingly beautiful green blades of grass that appeared to be growing right out of this screen. These blades were the most stunning shade of green I’ve ever seen because they radiated light--the light was coming from within the blades and more gorgeous than any grass I could ever imagine. Suddenly, behind the blades of this grass there were missiles exploding. I could see the explosions and the smoke billowing up behind the grass blades but it didn’t diminish the radiant light of the green in the least.

As I gave the man a questioning look about what I was seeing, he merely looked back at me wordlessly but I somehow knew I was supposed to climb the staircase that was just to the left of me.

It was a short staircase of perhaps 7 or 8 steps and as I climbed I saw a white hall in front of me. There were two open doors at the end of the hall but between the staircase and these rooms was a closet with white painted double doors and locked brass door knobs. These two doors kept bulging outward into the hall as if they were made of very pliable material. I could hear a lot of loud and angry noise behind the door but individual voices were indiscernible and I knew it was filled with darkness.

The door kept bulging out and I just stood watching it for long minutes, not sure whether to keep walking down the hall or stay where I was. Then I was torn between the curiosity of what was going on behind that door and the desire to walk down the narrow hall. The two rooms at the end drew my eye just as forcefully as the bulging closet doors because there was such an intense light coming from each of the rooms. I also wasn’t sure that passing these closet doors was either smart or safe because it appeared the locking mechanism would give out at any second.

As I stood undecided I knew I had three choices. I could stay where I was, on the fence as it were. Or I could try to open the closet doors and see what was going on. Or I could continue down the hall toward these beautifully lit rooms. Once I realized the choices I knew the only option was to walk down the narrow hall and to do so safely it was essential to completely ignore the bulging closet…not to even look at it again if I was going to arrive safely to those rooms where there was indescribable light and Presence.

What was more compelling than the curiously heaving closet was the way the hall was filled with light, peace and a remarkable gentleness. It was these characteristics which made the noises behind the closet pale into insignificance.


The meaning of this vision was shown to me as follows:

The house represents “the House” or the Church and is, I believe, a message for others as well as myself.

The man was a messenger. Although he was dressed in humble work clothes, I couldn’t help but notice how exceptionally clean he, and his clothing, was. He was a fellow worker for the Lord who had been through his ‘cleaning’ process and was bringing a message/invitation to the Body, who is the Bride, and hence the wedding reply card.

The picture of the beautiful green grass with missiles exploding in the background is the first part of the message. It indicates that the Bride is going to face great trials and has been preparing for that with the refining process she has been through but the radiant green grass represents the glorious deliverance of the Lord in the midst of those trials. [1]

The stairs indicate the Bride is now preparing, or ready, to climb to the next level (transitioning) but there will be decisions to be made. Each person will have to decide whether they are going to go forward with the Lord past obstacles, stay where they are or retreat. As I have been considering this I believe the Lord has indicated that any of us who think we wouldn’t possibly retreat have a dangerous mindset. Rather like Peter before he denied the Lord. (note to self: are you reading this carefully?)

But what was in the closet? As I prayed about this, I believe the Lord showed me that it was filled with pride, jealousy, selfishness, quarrels and fights, backbiting and gossip for the enemy will attempt to wage a new and more intense-than-ever war against God’s people by using God’s people who become involved or ensnared with such things. [2] Any one of these things will become an enormous stumbling block for both ourselves and for those we wish to reach for Christ. What must be noted is that the closet was locked. The only way the viciousness of what was behind the doors would have been allowed out was if I had unlocked the door myself.

The hall was narrow and filled with the characteristics of light, peace and gentleness that can only come from the Spirit of God and it is there where we must remain. Walking forward with our focus entirely on the Light of Christ and we must keep going not allowing ourselves to be distracted [3] or discouraged [4] by the darkness of pride and the sins which accompany it.


May the Lord bless you and keep you,
Holly

[1] These trials are only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold. So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honour on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1: 7
Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that He has promised. Hebrews 10: 36


But He brought His people safely out of Egypt, loaded with silver and gold; there were no sick or feeble among them. Egypt was glad when they were gone, for the dread of them was great. The Lord spread out a cloud above them as a covering and gave them a great fire to light the darkness. They asked for meat, and He sent them quail; He gave them manna--bread from heaven. He opened up a rock, and water gushed out to form a river through the dry and barren land. For He remembered His sacred promise to Abraham His servant. So He brought His people out of Egypt with joy, His chosen ones with rejoicing.Psalm 105: 37-43


[2] But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, He will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to His cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or irritate one another, or be jealous of one another.Galatians 5: 22-26


[3] It was by faith that Moses left the land of Egypt. He was not afraid of the king. Moses kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the One who is invisible. Hebrews 10: 27


[4] But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters.Galatians 6