Vision - A Very Narrow Path

Mountain Path - billmunnsgallery.com



I was standing under a maple tree. A low branch filled with leaves was partly obscuring what was beyond but when I leaned forward to see past the leaves I saw a dirt path on which stood a very still figure. He was dressed in a long, white robe with a hood and a gold braided belt tied around his waist. I kept looking, not making a sound or a move and neither did he. It was almost as if He was frozen in place.


Then I decided to step out from under the branch and it was that which seemed to cause him to turn toward me. As he did so, I realized it was Jesus.

The He said to me,
“Will you follow Me?”

“Yes,” I replied.

So I went over to the dirt path which was extremely narrow and started following Him as He began to walk. On the left side of the path there was an incredibly steep drop and given my fear of heights I chose not to look down. On the right side there was a grass shoulder but not particularly wide, with a few rocks and weeds and then a hill that rose up just as sharply as the drop on the left side.

He walked around a bit of a bend and suddenly the path was on the side of a mountain with a very long drop below and to my right was basically a wall of rock.

I said in a very shaken voice, “Jesus, you know I’m afraid of heights.”

“Do you trust Me to lead you safely?” He asked.

I did answer ‘yes’ but my legs were shaking so badly I was having trouble putting one foot in front of the other. He moved very slowly and I knew He was doing this because He really did understand how each step was so frightening to me.

“What are we doing here, Lord?” I asked Him.

“Tell them I will be asking them to do things which will frighten them but I want them to look past their fear and see Me leading them. My path has become very narrow but if they will simply keep their eyes on Me, I will lead them safely.” 



Through Christ you have come to trust in God. 
And because God raised Christ from the dead 
and gave Him great glory, your faith and hope
 can be placed confidently in God. 
1 Peter 1: 21

May the Lord bless you and keep you, 
Holly