Vision - The Train




I was standing by a train track in a country setting. While there were many trees none of them obstructed my view of the length of the track to my left. Along the rails there was tall grass and summer wildflowers.

A very great distance away I saw a speck of light, which as it came closer was apparent that it was the headlight of a train engine. Steadily, the train approached, not moving with excessive speed and the light became almost blinding.

I stepped back a bit further from the track as the train began to pass me and I saw there were approximately a dozen cars and each one was a little like a cattle car except that the sides were more open than usual and enclosed only by metal bars. Rather like prison bars.

Each car was filled with people, not just filled but packed with people. The expressions on their faces ranged from fear to despair and the sounds of their cries was horrifying and heartbreaking. Arms extended from between the bars and when these people saw me they started calling out, “Help us. Please, help.”

I stood there in tears as the train continued its steady pace with the understanding there was nothing I could do to help these people.

This was the first part of the vision and as I prayed and asked the Lord what He was showing me, He replied, ‘You are seeing Luke 13: 25-28.”

“….but when the head of the house has locked the door,
 it will be too late. Then you will stand outside knocking 
and pleading, “Lord, open the door for us!” 
But He will reply, ‘I do not know you.” You will say, ‘But we ate and drank 
with You, and You taught in our streets.’ 
And He will reply, 
‘I tell you, I do not know you.”

The following day I received the second part of this vision.

Now I was on top of the train as it was arriving in some kind of terminal with the most awful feeling of dread as the train passed through a series of cement arches. However, as the train pulled to a stop at the terminal I was pleasantly surprised to see an ultra modern and very well-lit, clean area. There was something remarkably reassuring about the ‘ordinary-ness’ of this which looked very much like a modern airport. Glass doors were surrounded by chrome and the platform area was very bright in spite of the fact there was little colour other than cement grey.

The people in the ‘cage cars’ below me seemed reassured by this terminal as well. Their cries of fear had subsided to small, whimpering sounds that indicated to me that they felt there might be some hope after all.

Then from behind me I saw a truck approaching. It looked like an army truck with a kind of canvas covering. It pulled to a stop between the train and the platform and out of it came a man in a blue overall. He unloaded a folding table and chair and set them both up on the platform. When this was done, another man got out of the cabin of the truck. This man was dressed in dark slacks and a very crisp, white uniform-style white shirt with a dark tie. He was notably handsome with dark hair and moustache -- so handsome, in fact, that I was staring. However, when I looked into his eyes I was repulsed. A feeling of absolute horror and dread came over me as I watched him walk casually, but deliberately, over to the table. He was carrying a large, hardcover book.

He sat down, opened the book to the first page and took a pen out of his shirt pocket. Then he nodded to the workman who unlocked the sliding door of the first cage car and dropped a set of steps down so the people could file out. These people stood in a line in front of the table quite unsure of what was happening.

The first person to stand in front of this man was a woman and when she gave her name the man at the table looked at the book and put a checkmark by her name. She was then instructed to go through a glass door of the terminal. It was impossible to see what was beyond the glass door for it appeared to have a kind of film over it that darkened it.

I looked back at the people in the line as the next person came to the table and I saw some people with questioning expressions, others very worried but not as fearful as when I’d seen them pass by on the train and two or three who looked absolutely terrified. They were the ones who seemed to know exactly what was happening.

The vision ended there.

When I asked the Lord who the man was, He said, “Satan.”



“Examine yourselves to see if your faith is really genuine. 
Test yourselves.” 
2 Corinthians 13 


Satan produced his book of death in a grim parody of God's Book of Life. As the people got off the train and lined up at the desk, their names were found and they were directed through the doors that led into hell.

This is a vision that expresses how serious it is to be sure our faith is genuine.  
There are many who call themselves Christians who have not truly given their hearts to the Lord yet believe they are safe in spite of the fact they have drifted far from what they know to be the Truth.  We are ALL exhorted to examine ourselves.

May the Lord bless you and keep you,
Holly